Work Portfolio: https://annucreation.com/
- Responsible and dedicated bilingual Journalist (English and Hindi Languages) in Bengaluru
- Working in the domain as a journalist writer with experience of over 10+ years
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Masters in Public Administration – Rajasthan University, 1999-2001
- Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (B.J.M.C) – 2001
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Public Administration from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University, Navi Mumbai
- 2 Years of Proficiency in Multimedia (PIM) and Website Designing – Arena Multimedia (Aptech Computers)
- Alpha Maya, Animation & Graphic Design, 1 Year Diploma Program from renowned Bollywood Director Ketan Mehta’s MAYA Academy of Advanced Cinematics, Mumbai
- As a freelance journalist on an exclusive story basis I have been writing for Maharashtra’s prominent media group Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd.- English edition ‘Lokmat Times’ and Lokmat’s Hindi newspaper, ‘Lokmat Samachar’ from 2013 until now.
- Profound knowledge and good experience working in print and electronic media with online news web portals like https://explorationtvandproductions.in/ https://www.lifenews.co.in/ https://thesparrow.news/
- Worked for a long span in All India Radio as News Editor and Broadcaster.
- Started career as a Journalist in Eenadu Television, Hyderabad head office, and later in Jaipur Rajasthan. As far as team handling is concerned, I am pretty confident managing teams also. As a news reporter for Eenadu Television, I supervised and guided a team of cameramen and subordinate reporters.
- Presently, I am freelancing and writing photo features for a range of newspapers, News Web Portals, Magazines, and Journals like LOKMAT MEDIA; THE SEASONAL MAGAZINE (Kochi and Dubai); New Delhi National Newspaper Amrit India; HARMONY- CELEBRATE AGE MAGAZINE; (Executive Editor – Tina Ambani); ROTARY NEWS; Rotary International Covid War Room Website; FIRST INDIA NATIONAL NEWSPAPER; Gujarat’s The LifeNews web portal; thesparrow.news; News web portal ‘The Explorations TV and Productions’; Rashtradoot Newspaper; RAJASTHAN GOVERNMENT MAGAZINE – SUJAS; Delhi-based National PINKISHE MAGAZINE; JANTEWAR MAGAZINE; THE ASIA DIGEST (Delhi); THE DESERT TRAIL, etc.
- Also working on a freelance project basis with start-ups of Bengaluru like HTH Global Network; Sankhya Vidya Foundation.
- I normally cover political and social beats, and as part of my assignments, I have covered vital events like BRICS Women’s Parliamentarian Forum, the World renowned Jaipur Literature Festival, Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet, Extensive coverage of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Polls, The Great Indian Travel Bazaar, Stone mart by FICCI and CII, CII Partnership Summit, Political stories, Release of Movie Padmaavat comprehensive coverage, coverage of actor Salman Khan’s blackbuck poaching case with many more.
- Some of my offbeat stories covered in many national and international newspapers, and magazines so far: Women centric issues like- Girl’s education; Child Trafficking; Women’s unvoiced battle with the most heinous crime “Rape”; Padma Shri awardee Trans woman Manjamma Jogati’s inspiring tale; Equality in the true sense by elevating the third gender and women of the society; A report on atrocities against women in Rajasthan: The Scenario; Triple Talaq Bill- Saviour or Stunt, etc. Besides that, exclusive stories like Capt. Ram Singh Thakur – the unsung hero of India’s Independence; On the verge of extinction- the Great Indian Bustards; India’s digital transformation through technology-enabled learning; Foreign Direct Investment; MSME in Rajasthan; Bota Pathri, a picturesque place in Kashmir; Life of prisoners; Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve (A splendid abode for tiger lovers) coping with pandemic; An exclusive report- through Boma Capturing technique chitals (spotted dear) translocated from Bharatpur’s Keoladeo to Mukundara hills tiger reserve; Precarious life of trackmen in Indian Railway; An endless voyage of a mariner, Through a camera’s eye: A magnificent paparazzo and many more.
- I reported extensively on the Rajasthan and Karnataka Legislative Assembly Elections. During the peak election period conducted several one-on-one interviews with many prominent politicians including the Chief Minister of Rajasthan with other senior leaders of ruling and opposition parties.
- I have interviewed, each interview focussing on a different critical area of social and political interest, eminent personalities from different walks of life, including Sumitra Mahajan, Former Speaker of 16th Loksabha; Former President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil; Vice President Venkaiah Naidu; Union Minister, Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad; Indian Economist and former Deputy Chairperson Planning Commission of India Sh. Montek Singh Ahluwalia; Veteran Congress leaders like Shashi Tharoor and Margaret Alva; Dr. Ved Pratap Vaidik, Sr. Journalist and Political analyst; His Excellency Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory, Acting President, Republic of Mauritius; International Fashion Designer Bibi Russell; writer Shobha De; renowned film stars like Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi, Manisha Koirala, MP Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan, Anupam Kher, Sharmilla Tagore; Cristal Williams, Chancellor, Director of Communications for the Women’s Media Centre, Washington, D.C.; Nomsa Tarabella Marchesi, MP and Deputy Shadow Minister in the Presidency of South Africa; Neeta Boochra, National President, FICCI Women Organisation, and many more.
- Worked as the News Editor and News Broadcaster in renowned media house Dainik Bhaskar’s television channel, Jaipur.
- Successfully accomplished scriptwriting projects for Doordarshan and Aditya Birla Group.
- Created and produced branding publicity material, reports, features, pamphlets, and souvenirs for entities like UNICEF, the Government of Rajasthan, NABARD, Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Fortis Escorts, WHO Rajasthan, National Rural Health Mission, Care India, etc.
Association with Professional Bodies
- Honorary Director International Services, Rotary Bangalore Southwest, Dist.3190
- Former Vice Chairman, Public Image, Rotary International, Dist. 3054
- Honorary Chairman, Women Empowerment and Director, Public Image, Rotary Bangalore Southwest, Dist.3190 (2020-21)
- Due to my work competence, I have again been elected this year as my third term for the post of Honorary Jt. Secretary of Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Authored a coffee table book, Women Leaders in Rajasthan Legislature-Since 1952. The book chronicles the political journey of women legislators, Women State Ministers of Rajasthan from 1952 until the 14th Rajasthan Assembly and presents a brief on the understanding and working of many luminaries in Rajasthan’s political landscape. The core issues highlighted in the book include the 33% women reservation Bill in Parliament and State Assemblies, gender-based intolerance, atrocities against women, and development issues concerning women. Views on these issues of critical importance were elicited through one-on-one dialogue with prominent women leaders in Rajasthan’s politics as well as eminent people from other professional domains, both national and international.
- Invited as one of the delegates to the 11th World Hindi Conference organized by the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India in association with the Government of Mauritius from 18-20th August 2018 in Mauritius. Senior politician late Sushma Swaraj ji; poet-writer Prasoon Joshi with many dignitaries participated in the conference.
- Invited as speaker for a two-day national conference on “Contribution of Hindi with other regional languages literature in the freedom fighting movement” organized by SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai; Bhartiya Gyan, Yog and Sanskrit Centre; Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan and Hindustani Prachar Sabha, Mumbai on 20-21st 2023.
- Invited as a panel speaker at the 3rd International Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences in Mumbai on 15-16 Jan 2019 and delivered a talk on the subject, “Women in Media: Issues & Interpretations”.The conference was jointly organized by the Indian Council of Social Sciences and Research – ICSSR, New Delhi, and one of the oldest educational institutions of Mumbai, the Maniben Nanavati Women’s College.
- Invited as a keynote speaker on the subject of journalism at the eight days Non-Hindi Speaking Neo Hindi Writer’s Workshop organized by the Central Hindi Directorate, Ministry of Education, New Delhi, and Hindi Department of Saint Joseph College of Commerce (Autonomous) in Bengaluru on 30th April 2022. Felicitated with a citation certificate and a stole.
- Under the umbrella of Rotary and as the chairman of Women Empowerment and Public Image Committees of Rotary Bangalore Southwest I have organised many conferences and round table discussions with eminent women professionals and other dignitaries from different walks of life highlighting women-based issues.
- I conducted an insightful inspiring session “Virtual Togi”, a panel discussion on the subject of “Women in leadership roles and equality of gender for a sustainable world”. The esteemed panel comprised of Neeta Boochra, First National President of FICCI FLO from Rajasthan; Senior Journalist Sunny Sebastian; Consultant Matangi Jayaram, and Associate Dean of Malviya National Institute of Technology, Dr. Kanupriya Sachdev.
- Chaired a virtual panel discussion on a vital issue of suicide prevention with the Rotary Melbourne Club on 23rd November 2022.
- Also, on International Women’s Day, i.e., on March 8th, 2021, to make women aware of their legal rights conducted a talk show on “Awareness on legal rights of women”. The esteemed speaker was (Dr.) Vijaylaxmi Sharma, Director & HoD, School of Law, Manipal University, Jaipur.
- For the noble cause of Women Education & Empowerment again as the chairman women empowerment committee of Rotary Jaipur I organized an “All women bicycle rally” where Rajasthan Minister of state for Women and Child Development Mamta Bhupesh and ex-speaker Rajasthan Assembly Sumitra Singh ji flagged off the rally.
- As the honorary Joint Secretary of Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI) conducted a panel discussion on the subject of “Learn to manage your emotions: Anger-stress management during the pandemic” on April 27th, 2021.” I was in conversation with the esteemed panel that comprised of Dr. K.L.Jain, Hon. Secretary-General, RCCI; Rotarian Harini Ravindranath and Pranic Healers Shwetha Sood Nayyar and Shailly Anand, from Calmfinity, Mumbai.
- As the honorary Joint Secretary of Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI) conducted a panel discussion on the subject of “Suicide Prevention and Intervention Strategies” on March 5th, I was in conversation with the esteemed panel that comprised of Dr. K.L.Jain, Hon. Secretary-General, RCCI; Mrs. Meenakshi R. Nagwekar, Director, Sisters Living Works, NGO.
- Invited as one of the panel speakers with eminent media professionals across the world including Cristal Williams, Chancellor (Director of Communications for the Women’s Media Center, Washington, D.C.), Conrad Turner (Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service with the rank of Minister Counselor), Mandeep Kaur (All India Principal Program Advisor of Public Affairs Section at the American Embassy) for the roundtable session highlighting Women’s portrayal in media held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Invited FICCI FLO, Lucknow talk show as one of the participants. Keynote speaker – India Television’s famous journalist and ‘Aap Ki Adalat’ fame Mr. Rajat Sharma.
- For my writing acumen and flair of journalism I have been conferred with prestigious the Global Peace and Sustainability Development Summit and Witty Gossip’s International ‘The Global Woman FinEmpowerment Excellence International Award-2021’ in December 2021.
- Besides that, I was awarded with many national awards like
- Rotary’s Vibrant Public Image Build-up award 2021
- Conferred with Woman Achiever Award 2022 by Bharatiya Jain Sangathan, Bengaluru Chapter on the occasion of International Women’s Day in March 2022.
- Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Young Achievers/Entrepreneurs Award 2018 by MP Ramcharan Bohra
- Best Print Media Journalist Award in October 2018 conferred by MP Diya Kumari; Rotary Ratna Award; Youth Journalist Writer’s Award in 2016 and many more.
- Active participant in various workshops and forums of UNICEF; Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM); Department of Women & Child Development, UNFPA
- Participant of ZEE TV, YES Bank and Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Budget Express
- As a research scholar my published Research Papers:
-In International Journal of Social Sc. and Mgmt. Studies January 2022 issue:
“Participation of women in media and media’s approach toward the upliftment of women”
-In a UGC care listed Journal – “Sanmati” June 2022 issue: “Women in leadership roles and equality of gender for a sustainable world”
-In Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University Journal 2023 edition:
“Women and their presence in the political corridor”
I strongly believe that my experience in handling media in all formats – print media, radio, online/digital media, and electronic media – is a very strong plus point for me to work with any organization which feeds the entire media. I have supervised and led smaller teams in television and print media reporting and have always successfully coordinated with media heads, information, and media officials of government and other agencies. I have accomplished tasks within the given time frame and deadlines.
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Photography, Painting, Playing Guitar, Driving
Other Personal Details:
- Father: Late Mr. Dheerendra Jain, veteran and the senior-most active journalist in Rajasthan. In his long span of professional career, he worked as the Bureau Chief of Press Trust of India and Jaipur Rajasthan’s Bureau Chief for Lokmat Samachar (Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd.). He was known for his writing on social issues.
- Mother: Kamlesh Jain, (Retired) News Broadcaster and Editor, All India Radio, Jaipur for over 20 years
- Husband: Software Engineer, VMware Software India Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru
For my work portfolio, you can check https://annucreation.com/
For digital news in English check the link:
For digital news in Hindi check the link: https://www.lokmatnews.in/author/anubhajain/
I have authored a coffee table book: “Women Leaders in Rajasthan Legislature-Since 1952”. It is available on amazon, crossword, and Flipkart. Check the details of the book on the given below link: https://www.amazon.in/Women-Leaders-Rajasthan-Legislature-Since/dp/B0777FLDB5/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=women+leaders+coffee+table+book+rajasthan&qid=1613620152&sr=8-2