Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Masters in Public Administration – Rajasthan University, 1999-2001
- Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (B.J.M.C) – 2001
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Public Administration from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University, Navi Mumbai
- 2 Years Proficiency in Multimedia (PIM) and Website Designing – Arena Multimedia (Aptech Computers)
- Alpha Maya, Animation & Graphic Design, 1 Year Diploma Program from renowned Bollywood Director Ketan Mehta’s MAYA Academy of Advanced Cinematics, Mumbai
- Responsible and dedicated Journalist (In English and Hindi Languages)
- Presently working as a freelance Journalist in Bengaluru
Association with Professional Bodies
- Honorary Chairman, Women Empowerment and Director, Public Image, Rotary Bangalore Southwest, Dist.3190 (2020-21)
- Honorary Director International Services (2022-23), Rotary Bangalore Southwest, Dist.3190
- Former Vice-Chairman, Public Image, Rotary International, Dist 3054
- Due to my work competence, I have again been elected this year for my third term for the post of Honorary Jt. Secretary of Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Active participant in various workshops and forums of UNICEF; Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM); Department of Women & Child Development, UNFPA
- Participant of ZEE TV, YES Bank, and Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Budget Express
- Worked as the Rajasthan State Sr. Correspondent for Maharashtra’s prominent media group Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd.- English edition ‘Lokmat Times’ national newspaper from 2013 till March 2020. For some special stories, I also reported for Lokmat’s Hindi newspaper ‘Lokmat Samachar’. I have good experience working in print, electronic media, and All India Radio as a reporter, editor, and news broadcaster. I normally cover political and cultural beats, and as part of my assignments, I have covered vital events like BRICS Women’s Parliamentarian Forum, World-renowned Jaipur Literature Festival, Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet, Extensive coverage of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Polls, The Great Indian Travel Bazaar, Stone mart by FICCI and CII, CII Partnership Summit, Political stories, Release of Movie Padmaavat comprehensive coverage, coverage of actor Salman Khan’s blackbuck poaching case with many more.
- Some of my offbeat stories covered in many national international newspapers, magazines so far: Women-centric issues like- Girl’s education; Child Trafficking; Women’s unvoiced battle with the most heinous crime “Rape”; Equality in the true sense by elevating the third gender and women of the society; A report on atrocities against women in Rajasthan: The Scenario; Triple Talaq Bill- Saviour or Stunt, etc. Besides that, exclusive stories like Capt. Ram Singh Thakur – an unsung hero of India’s Independence; India’s digital transformation through technology-enabled learning; Foreign Direct Investment; MSME in Rajasthan; The life story of Rajmata Gayatri Devi; Life of prisoners; Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve (A splendid abode for tiger lovers) coping with pandemic; precarious life of trackmen in Indian Railway; An endless voyage of a mariner, Through a camera’s eye: A magnificent paparazzo and many more.
- I reported extensively on the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Elections and during the peak election period conducted several one-on-one interviews with many prominent politicians including the Chief Minister of Rajasthan with other senior leaders of ruling and opposition parties.
- I have interviewed, each interview focussing on a different critical area of social and political interest, eminent personalities from different walks of life, including Sumitra Mahajan, Former Speaker of 16th Loksabha; Former President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil; Vice President Venkaiah Naidu; Union Minister, Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad; Indian Economist and former Deputy Chairperson Planning Commission of India Sh. Montek Singh Ahluwalia; Veteran Congress leaders like Shashi Tharoor and Margaret Alva; Dr. Ved Pratap Vaidik, Sr. Journalist and Political analyst; His Excellency Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory, Acting President, Republic of Mauritius; International Fashion Designer Bibi Russell; writer Shobha De; renowned film stars like Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi, Manisha Koirala, MP Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan, Anupam Kher, Sharmilla Tagore; Cristal Williams, Chancellor, Director of Communications for the Women’s Media Centre, Washington, D.C.; Nomsa Tarabella Marchesi, MP and Deputy Shadow Minister in the Presidency of South Africa; Neeta Boochra, National President, FICCI Women Organisation, and many more.
- Worked as the News Editor and News Broadcaster in All India Radio (A.I.R), Jaipur, and with renowned media house Dainik Bhaskar’s television channel.
- I have done scriptwriting projects for Doordarshan and Aditya Birla Group.
- I started my professional career as a Journalist in Eenadu Television, Hyderabad head office, and later in Jaipur Rajasthan. As far as team handling is concerned, I am pretty confident managing teams also. As a news reporter for Eenadu Television, I supervised and guided a team of cameramen and subordinate reporters.
- Presently, I am freelancing and writing photo features for a range of newspapers, magazines, and journals like THE SEASONAL MAGAZINE (Kochi and Dubai); HARMONY- CELEBRATE AGE MAGAZINE; (Executive Editor – Tina Ambani); ROTARY NEWS; Rotary International Covid War Room Website; FIRST INDIA NATIONAL NEWSPAPER; Gujarat’s The Lifenews; Rashtradoot Newspaper; RAJASTHAN GOVERNMENT MAGAZINE – SUJAS; Delhi based National PINKISHE MAGAZINE; JANTEWAR MAGAZINE; THE ASIA DIGEST (Delhi); THE DESERT TRAIL, etc.
- Also working on a freelance project basis with start-ups of Bengaluru like HTH Global Network; Sankhya Vidya Foundation and a news portal ‘The Explorations TV and Productions’.
As a research scholar my published Research Papers in 2021-22:
- In an International Peer Reviewed Journal of Social Sc. and Mgmt. Studies
Topic- Participation of women in media and media’s approach towards upliftment of women.
- In a national Peer Reviewed Journal –
Topic-Women in leadership roles and equality of gender for a sustainable world
- Created and produced branding publicity material, reports, features, pamphlets, and souvenirs for entities like UNICEF, Government of Rajasthan, NABARD, Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Fortis Escorts, WHO Rajasthan, National Rural Health Mission, Care India, etc.
I strongly believe that my experience in handling media in all formats – newspaper, radio, and television – is a very strong plus point for me to work with any organization which feeds the entire media including electronic media. I have supervised and led smaller teams in television reporting and have always successfully coordinated with media heads, information, and media officials of government and other agencies.
- Authored a coffee table book, Women Leaders in Rajasthan Legislature-Since 1952. The book chronicles the political journey of women legislators, Women State Ministers of Rajasthan from 1952 until the 14th Rajasthan Assembly and presents a brief on the understanding and working of many luminaries in Rajasthan’s political landscape. The core issues highlighted in the book include the 33% women reservation Bill in Parliament and State Assemblies, gender-based intolerance, atrocities against women, and development issues concerning women. Views on these issues of critical importance were elicited through one-on-one dialogue with prominent women leaders in Rajasthan’s politics as well as eminent people from other professional domains, both national and international.
- Invited as one of the delegates to the 11th World Hindi Conference organized by the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India in association with the Government of Mauritius from 18-20th August 2018 in Mauritius. Senior politician late Sushma Swaraj; poet-writer Prasoon Joshi with many dignitaries participated in the conference.
- Invited as a panel speaker at the 3rd International Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences in Mumbai on 15-16 Jan 2019 and delivered a talk on the subject, “Women in Media: Issues & Interpretations”.The conference was jointly organized by the Indian Council of Social Sciences and Research – ICSSR, New Delhi, and one of the oldest educational institutions of Mumbai, the Maniben Nanavati Women’s College.
- Under the umbrella of Rotary and as the chairman of Women Empowerment and Public Image Committees of Rotary Bangalore Southwest I have organized many conferences and round table discussions with eminent women professionals and other dignitaries from different walks of life highlighting women-based issues.
- I conducted an insightful inspiring session “Virtual Togi”, a panel discussion on the subject of “Women in leadership roles and equality of gender for a sustainable world”. The esteemed panel comprised Neeta Boochra, First National President of FICCI FLO from Rajasthan; Senior Journalist Sunny Sebastian; Consultant Matangi Jayaram, and Associate Dean of Malviya National Institute of Technology, Dr. Kanupriya Sachdev.
- Also, on International Women’s Day, i.e., on March 8th, 2021, to make women aware of their legal rights conducted a talk show on “Awareness on legal rights of women”. The esteemed speaker was (Dr.) Vijaylaxmi Sharma, Director & HoD, School of Law, Manipal University, Jaipur.
- For the noble cause of Women Education & Empowerment again as the chairman women empowerment committee of Rotary Jaipur I organized an “All women bicycle rally” where Rajasthan Minister of State for Women and Child Development Mamta Bhupesh and ex-speaker Rajasthan Assembly Sumitra Singh flagged off the rally.
- As the honorary Joint Secretary of Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI) conducted a panel discussion on the subject of “Learn to manage your emotions: Anger-stress management during the pandemic” on April 27th, 2021.” I was in conversation with the esteemed panel that comprised of Dr. K.L.Jain, Hon. Secretary-General, RCCI; Rotarian Harini Ravindranath and Pranic Healers Shwetha Sood Nayyar and Shailly Anand, from Calmfinity, Mumbai.
- Invited as one of the panel speakers with eminent media professionals across the world including Cristal Williams, Chancellor (Director of Communications for the Women’s Media Center, Washington, D.C.), Conrad Turner (Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service with the rank of Minister-Counselor), Mandeep Kaur (All India Principal Program Advisor of Public Affairs Section at the American Embassy) for the roundtable session highlighting Women’s portrayal in media held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Invited FICCI FLO, Lucknow talk show as one of the participants. Keynote speaker – India Television’s famous journalist and ‘Aap Ki Adalat’ fame Mr. Rajat Sharma.
- For my writing acumen and flair for journalism, I have been conferred with prestigious the Global Peace and Sustainability Development Summit and Witty Gossip’s International ‘The Global Woman FinEmpowerment Excellence International Award-2021’ in December 2021.
- Besides that, I was awarded many national awards like
- Rotary’s Vibrant Public Image Build-up award 2021;
- Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Young Achievers/Entrepreneurs Award 2018 by MP Ramcharan Bohra
- Best Print Media Journalist Award in October 2018 conferred by MP Diya Kumari; Rotary Ratna Award; Youth Journalist Writer’s Award in 2016 and many more.
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Photography, Painting, Playing Guitar, Driving
Other Personal Details:
- Father: Late Mr. Dheerendra Jain, veteran and the senior-most active journalist in Rajasthan. In his long span of professional career, he worked as the Bureau Chief of Press Trust of India and Rajasthan’s Bureau Chief for Lokmat Media Pvt. Ltd. He was known for his writing on social issues.
- Mother: Kamlesh Jain, (Retired) News Broadcaster and Editor, All India Radio, Jaipur for over 20 years
- Husband: Software Engineer, VMware Software India Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru
For digital news in Hindi check the link:
I have authored a coffee table book: “Women Leaders in Rajasthan Legislature-Since 1952”.
It is available on amazon, crossword, and Flipkart. Check the details of the book on the given below link: https://www.amazon.in/Women-Leaders-Rajasthan-Legislature-Since/dp/B0777FLDB5/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=women+leaders+coffee+table+book+rajasthan&qid=1613620152&sr=8-2
Exclusive digital interview with senior politician Ghanshyam Tiwari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYn1AGa2wfA